Emergent, Inc.(Emergent) is seeking a Senior Accountant. The person in this position will have duties that include, but are not limited to: maintaining accounting system, month end closing, payroll processing, customer billings, contract close-outs, Defense Audit Contract Agency (DCAA) Incurred Cost Submission, and bank accounts reconciliations as well as staff supervision. This person will prepare financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management.
* Ensure that all corporate financial obligations are met in a timely manner
* Participate in the month-end and year-end closing processes
* Analysis of financial statements, recognition of revenue and analyses monthly variances
* Confirms accuracy and completeness of indirect expense rates and subsidiary ledgers
* Assure strict compliance with established accounting policies and procedures and generally accepted accounting principles, FAR, FPR, et al.
* Reviews, supervises, undertakes training of accounting staff to ensure timeliness and accuracy of billing, payroll, accounts payable, cash collection and payments of taxes and tax reporting
* Work with the controller to manage the risk profile of the company; identify at risk clients, and ensure that the company maximizes revenue and margins
* Support the development and integration of new accounting systems and reporting procedures and computer capabilities; coordinate with other operational areas to ensure that accounting system interfaces are reliable and accurate
* Prepare statistical information and reports for the annual budget process; coordinate and participate in the enterprise budgeting process.
* Provide cost information and support o the proposal and project management teams as it relates to new and existing business initiatives
* Support all annual CPA, DCAA, GSA, Insurance, State Government audits and report audit findings to upper management
* Support DCAA incurred cost submissions, GSA and other agency information requirements
* Perform audits of internal controls, accounting transactions, compliance with company policies and procedures, compliance with GAAP and compliance with other regulatory requirements. Prepare and report compliance metrics. Develop and implement related process improvements
* Perform account reconciliations for multiple G/L accounts
* Prepare the preparation of various accounting/financial reports/statements and analysis to monitor overall financial performance and to meet the requirements of our customers, and program managers.
* Participate in the development and modification of accounting/financial policies, procedures, and practices, as necessary
* Ensure that accounting and cost control activities are successfully implemented and operated to meet overall objectives and required regulatory standards. Ensure accounting standards are maintained
* Provide overall financial accounting support, including financial reporting to internal and external customers, financial audit support, sales tax reporting, financial analyses and other projects as assigned
* Ensure compliance with GAAP, FAS, company policies/procedures, etc.
* Provide audit support to outside auditors during the year end and interim financial audits
* Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts
* Promote Emergent's values by maintaining the confidentiality of financial information
* Other assigned duties as requested by the controller
* A bachelor's degree in Accounting or business related field from and an accredited university with at least five (5) years of professional experience in internal auditing
* CPA preferred
* Experience in Deltek GCS Premier, and Time and Expense or Procas required. Candidates should have experience with in-house payroll, using ADP or Paychex.
* Must demonstrate an extensive understanding of government contract accounting, as well as a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting standards, and FAR
* Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours
* Must possess leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates
* Experience in methods of computation of indirect expense rates and computation of contract revenue and practices in the industry
* Understanding of all company accounting systems and procedures and the ability to utilize, review, perform audit functions
* Understanding of generally acceptable accounting principles in the U.S. (GAAP); principals of cost accounting (CAS), and how they relate to company activities
* Knowledge of and adherence to the company's Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
* Knowledge of and adherence to the company's personnel policies and administrative procedures
Emergent, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/M/F/D/V