- Provide reverse engineering of mobile and wireless hardware components, software applications and operating systems to determine functionality, code structure, and circuit design to discover vulnerabilities and provide proof of concept demonstrations.
- Provide written reports, proof-of-concept code, prototypes, and hands-on demonstrations of reverse engineering results.
- Provide/author and participate in technical presentations on assigned projects.
- Assist in developing capability to identify traffic patterns and behavioral trends of potential malicious wireless network traffic. Stay abreast of new technology offerings and best practices as it relates to mobility, WiFi, and apply knowledge to recommend enhancements to customer networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Cyber Security or other related fields.
- In lieu of degree, candidate must possess a minimum five (5) years experience in computer science, information systems, or network engineering.
- Minimum four (4) years experience programming in Assembly, C, C++, Java, Perl, Python,
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience in either hardware or software reverse engineering and vulnerability discovery.
- Demonstrated ability to administer and use hardware and software reverse engineering tools,
- Minimum two (2) years experience programming CNO tools that incorporate covert means of execution, file storage, network communications, and data exfiltration for Windows, UNIX, and/or mobile operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of wireless standards (802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11ac, 802.11ad) and 802.1X authentication.
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and testing wireless networks utilizing 802.1X authentication (RADIUS and/or TACACS authentication servers)
- Advanced knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 technologies (Ethernet, VLAN, bridging, STP, 802.1q, 802.3ad, TCP/IP, DHCP, MPLS), SNMP, HTTP, Linux/Unix/Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems
- Multi-protocol data network experience with a strong knowledge of routing and routed protocols including, but not limited to TCP/IP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF. •Experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols and troubleshooting wired and wireless connections using wireless traffic analyzers (Wireshark, TCPDUMP, Omnipeek, etc.)
- Knowledge of WIDS/WIPS technologies, VPNs, firewall theory, and packet analysis principles and techniques applied in securing operating systems and LAN/WAN networks.
- Demonstrated ability with version control software (i.e. Subversion, CVS, etc.),
- Demonstrated ability in software debugging •Demonstrated ability to create and brief technical presentations.
Clearance Requirement- TS/SCI with a CI or FS Polygraph
Emergent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.