Knowledge Management Advisor
Provides Knowledge Management (KM) subject matter expert to ISAF/USFOR-A and partner ANSF by strengthening links between knowledge sharing and information systems. The Knowledge Management Advisor advises and supports all ISAF/USFOR-A intelligence sharing activities facilitating a seamless exchange of information across all systems. Contractors filling this position shall be considered key personnel. The Knowledge Management Advisor is responsible for implementing data flow standards and supporting interoperability development. Analyzes and evaluates the methodology and impact of the KM programs on the missions of the ISAF/USFOR-A CJ2 community This position shall manage database development and maintenance for ISAF/USFOR-A intelligence analytical efforts, systems, web portals and intelligence production. The Knowledge Management Advisor shall identify and develop ways to utilize KM concepts and techniques to accomplish command principal program goals within the ISAF/USFOR-A CJ2 community. . Ensures command KM efforts leverage and benefit from integration with existing information technology capabilities The Knowledge Management Advisor provides technical guidance in the resolution of complex intelligence dissemination and data management problems with current implementation; manages, analyzes, and mitigates the impact of changes to ISAF/USFOR-A and partner ANSF uses of technology on current and projected organizational requirements and work processes; participates in ISAF/USFOR-A Configuration Control Boards and Review Boards. Assists in demonstrating functional capabilities and explaining technical attributes of existing capabilities to various audiences.
· This position requires a Minimum 5 years experience performing in position Knowledge Management at enterprise, theater level. This position requires 10 years experience working across a DoD staff at the Operational/Strategic level. This position requires certification in Knowledge Management. This requirement is non-waiverable.
· This position requires Bachelor’s degree and the ability to write plans/SOPs and FRAGOs at the four star level. The contractor shall possess the ability to critically analyze intelligence and operational processes, produce documentation and make appropriate recommendations for improvement. The contractor shall be able to properly document processes in accordance with Lean Six Sigma. The contractor shall possess the ability to mentor/teach junior to senior level staff officer’s proper and effective IM/KM techniques to enhance mission effectiveness. The contractor shall possess excellent analytical and critical thinking skills. The contractor shall possess excellent written and verbal communications skills at the four star level with minimal edits. This requirement is non-waiverable.
· This position requires experience in, and excellent understanding of, enterprise level information system requirements, design, capabilities and limitations, and replication/information sharing when working in a complex operational environment. This position also requires experience in and ability to architect detailed, large network information flow structure on a heterogeneous network utilizing multiple enterprise databases. This position also requires an understanding of large network communications architectures and how they affect information sharing between enterprise database implementations.
· This position requires an excellent understanding of intelligence information flow, collection, tasking, processing, exploitation and dissemination. This position also requires knowledge of SharePoint. Desired qualifications: extensive background implementing web information sharing technologies like Microsoft SharePoint and implementation or system level experience with any of following: Analyst Notebook, ESRI suite of tools, Google Earth, DCGS-A, QueryTree, PathFinder, M3, WISE, and/or TripWire Analytic Capability.
· Applicant must be eligible for, or able to obtain, the appropriate personnel clearance required for this position.